Why is Cybersecurity Important to my Business?
In today’s environment, online presence is essential to most businesses. In order to assure the survival, growth, and sustained ability of these businesses as they increasingly rely on digital commerce and virtual operations, it is essential to understand and implement strong cybersecurity practices.
The Mississippi State University Small Business Development Center CyberSecurity (MSU-SCS) project is focused on developing and deploying initiatives to support businesses in several key areas for data protection:
- Securing the intellectual property of businesses
- Understanding and preparing for potential effects of disruptions in day-to-day operations
- Creating cybersecurity plans to protect online sales, marketing, and online distribution and delivery of products and services
- Establishing secure work environments for teleworking and business operations
We’ve got three cybersecurity webinars now on-demand! Register for them today for information and guidance for your business!
- Intro to Basic Cybersecurity Hygiene
- Cybersecurity and Data Protection, Part 1
- Cybersecurity and Data Protection, Part 2