How Can International Trade Help my Business?
Did you know that more than 95% of potential consumers reside beyond U.S. borders? Have you ever received inquiries from potential overseas buyers? Have you previously exported and are interested in doing so in a more ongoing fashion?
Whether you are an entrepreneur or a small and medium- size business that is experienced at exporting or looking to begin exporting for the first time, the Mississippi Small Business Development Center is available to provide you with high-quality and confidential international trade advising and training.
The majority of the advising services are available to Mississippi based entrepreneurs and companies at no charge and training and events at no cost or for a cost that is well below market value. Our Manager of International Trade Anthony Cambas is a former U.S. Customs official with more than 30 years of experience in international trade and is a NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP), NASBITE Certified CGBP Trainer, Licensed Customs Broker (LCB) and Certified Customs Specialist (CCS).
MSBDC international trade services include but are not limited to:
- Help with the import and export of goods, services, and technologies
- Export Readiness Assessments
- International market research
- Global marketing
- Doing business with other cultures and speakers of other languages
- International E-Commerce
- Foreign market selection
- Assistance with Free Trade Agreements including the USMCA
- Harmonized tariff and Schedule B classification
- Import/export regulations and compliance
- International payments
- Export finance and export credit guarantees